Pages

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Waffle House Waffles

These are the best waffles. The trick is to make sure you chill the batter overnight! Who needs the Waffle House when you can make them this good at home?


1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 egg
1/2 cup plus 1 tbls of sugar
2 tbls of butter, softened
2 tbls vegetable shortening
1/2 cup of half and half
1/ c milk
1/4 cup of buttermilk
1/4 tsp of vanilla extract

1. Combine flour, salt, and baking soda and stir.

2. Beat the egg in another bowl, add sugar, butter, and shortening. Mix well with an electric mixer until smooth. Add half and half, milk, buttermilk and vanilla.

3. Mix wet and dry ingredients together. Only mix briefly, it's ok if the batter is lumpy. Chill overnight, break out the waffle iron in the morning and enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. I wish I was having waffles right now!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had cold cereal. These look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Waffle House Waffles!!! They are almost like a dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who needs Waffle House?? I do! I don't have a waffle iron or whatever it is they are called. Yum, I love waffles.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!