Pages

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Blah Blah Blah

I had a few left over Christmas pictures that I wanted to post, and also a really good cookie recipe. Although I don't have a picture of the finished product.

If this post makes no sense it's because my son has his headphones on my ears while he is controlling his Ipod. I'm supposed to give him the thumbs up or down for each song he plays. So far he has gone through the entire Beatles catalog. Did I mention how sick of the Beatles I am? Ugh, I liked so many of their songs until his dad bought him Beatles Rockband, kind of ruined it for me. Now if they made a Kings of Leon Rockband that would be an entirely different story! Ok, he has moved on to the Foo Fighters, finally!

We watched 500 Days of Summer tonight. Loved that movie, even if I'm only a hipster wanna be. I'm a big Zooey Deschanel fan! The soundtrack is really good too.

I'm going to try my hand at Co au Vin tomorrow. That is if I have some burgundy on hand. My luck, with tomorrow being Sunday, I'll be out.

Ha! Now he's playing "Stairway to Heaven" but he said I had to promise not to sing it. How do you listen to that song and not sing along? Impossible, and you know I sound good with these headphones on and the house as quiet as it is. Ha! Enough babbling!





Mexican Wedding Cookies
Ingredients
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar, plus more for coating baked cookies
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting hands
1 cup pecans, chopped into very small pieces
Directions
Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F.
Line cookies sheets with parchment paper.

Using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar at low speed until it is smooth. Beat in the vanilla. At
low speed gradually add the flour. Mix in the pecans with a spatula. With floured hands, take out about 1
tablespoon of dough and shape into a ball. Continue to dust hands with flour as you make more cookies.
Place onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 40 minutes. When cool enough to handle but still warm, roll in
additional confectioners' sugar. Cool on wire racks.

3 comments:

  1. Love the photos...and the cookie recipe sounds divine!!!

    Happy New Year!!!
    XOXO
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great recipie, I'm going to try today. Guess I feel like cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't listen to stairway to heaven without singing either. hehe. Love the gingerbread house!! Happy New Year lady!! =)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!