Pages

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Baby Shower

Finally, baby shower time! I’ve been waiting for this day for awhile!

We had such a great turnout and really fun time.

This is the gift table before everyone arrived. Love the “Baby Luke” banner my friend Karen made.

IMG_4232 Did you notice the little monkey? That is a diaper motorcycle cake!

HIMG_4236He was the hit of the party. So easy to make too! We just watched a You Tube video as we were making him. It took a pack of size 1 diapers, 2 bibs, 2 pair of socks, 2 receiving blankets, a bottle for the headlight covered with a wash cloth, and some pretty ribbon. I bet he will be put on a shelf, too cute to deconstruct. IMG_4237 I got the idea for this hospital survival kit on Pinterest. I included some flip flops for the shower, some candy, breath mints, hair ties, face wipes and a magazine. IMG_4238I’m so over bakery cakes so I decided to make monkey cupcakes. Saw these on Pinterest also. Are y’all as addicted to that site as I am? It just makes finding ideas so much easier. The ears are supposed to be mini Nilla wafers, but they still turned out ok. Some were cuter than others. I think that got progressively worse the more I made. I started giving them names, like “drunk monkey”  “bar fight monkey”  I did make 60 after all. Hey maybe that Publix cake would’ve been a better idea. Ha!IMG_4239 IMG_4240 This is the mother to be, my daughter in law Brandi. IMG_4253 IMG_4274 We played a couple of fun games. I passed around a bowl of small candy pieces and told everyone to take what they thought they needed for the game. Most people took giant handfuls. Well, the game was for every piece of candy you took, you had to tell something about yourself or offer up some parenting advice. It made for a few good laughs!IMG_4277Then I passed out play dough to make a baby. IMG_4287 IMG_4288This is the winner! Mary, you did a great job!

Karen made this ribbon wreath for the door. I think Brandi will reuse it for her front door when Luke is born.IMG_4344 IMG_4351

Loved these little treat bags filled with animal crackers. Oh Pinterest, what would I do without you?

I’m so thankful for everyone that came out to make this such a special day. We are patiently waiting your arrival Mr. Luke Waylon…..

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!