I'm sure everyone has had this before. I remember having it as a kid, but had forgotten all about it until recently. It's really good and quick! Of course my boys won't touch it with a ten foot pole, so they went out for pizza. Brats! I'm hoping that I chopped the onions up small enough to pass them off to Chuck as garlic. It usually works!
- 2 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 pound sharp Cheddar, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, washed, drained and shredded
- 1 pound lean ground beef, browned, crumbled and drained
- 1 cup salad dressing (recommended: Catalina)
- 1 (7-ounce) bag taco flavored chips, crushed
- 1 cup salsa
- Tortilla chips, to serve
Combine the tomatoes, cheese, onion, lettuce, and ground beef in a large bowl. Add the salad dressing and mix well. Just before serving, add the taco chips, tossing to combine with other ingredients. Top each serving with salsa. Serve with tortilla chips. I also added a few black olives which aren't in the ingredient list.